So I have been running my new Nexentastor CE storage for a little more than a month now and wanted to run another IO test real quick as a sanity check. So I setup the VMware IO Analyzer again, but changed the virtual disk size to 150GB and ran the test for 600 secs this time. I ran the same iSCSI tests as I ran here to get an idea of the results I was getting from my older setup. Compare to iSCSI - SSD.
Here are the results.
OLTP 4K (4K 70% Read 100% Random) – iSCSI
SQL – 64k (64k 66% Read 100% Random) – iSCSI
Exchange 2007 (8k 55% Read 80% Random) – iSCSI
Webserver (8k 95% Read 75% Random) – iSCSI
Updating with NFS results. The same IOMeter tests were done as setup at the beginning of this post. This time I tested the NFS performance instead of iSCSI. Again as the test I performed a while back iSCSI outperformed NFS again.
So here are the results.
OLTP 4K (4K 70% Read 100% Random) – NFS
SQL – 64k (64k 66% Read 100% Random) – NFS
Exchange 2007 (8k 55% Read 80% Random) – NFS
Webserver (8k 95% Read 75% Random) – NFS
So it looks like I have confirmed that I am definitely getting much better results on my new build. :) Money well spent!